Our Developmental Domains
- Physical development is about the mastery of the child over a variety of bodily skills.
- Gross motor skills refer to whole body and limb movements, balance and coordination.
- Fine motor skills refer to manipulative skills that need the use of hands, fingers and coordination between eye and hand.
- This refers to a child's feelings towards objects, persons and situations.
- Children show a wide array of feelings: like positive and negative, such as fear, anger, jealousy, joy, pleasure, delight, love and curiosity.
- The childrens sense of identity as a person creates self confidence.
- Social development refers to learning how to get along and cooperate with others and live together harmoniously in a group.
- The child gradually learns to behave according to the norms of his/her own group and develops healthy social attitudes and values and good habits and behaviour.
- Personal development makes the children interact effectively and develop positive attitudes.